Electrical design/construction update
The wiring on the robot needs help. Note: this is a top-level task that serves to give an overview.
We should modify the existing design and implmentation to accomplish several things:
1) Cleaned-up wire routing. Harnesses and terminations should be marked.
2) Accomodate an emergency stop capability that's hard-wired to the bumpers and to an e-stop button. Hitting a bumper or the e-stop button should immedately remove power from all actuators, at a hardware level. There should be no software involved. Actuator power shoulld always be in one of two states: "run" or "halt", and there should be a visual indication of the current state. The robot should power-up in the "halt" state. The "run" state is entered by hitting a "run" button.
3) All processors should be powered from a dedicated processor power bus, not from a USB cable.
4) All processors should be securely mounted (Velcro will do).
5) Accommodate a battery current/voltage monitor, with one of the microprocessors reading and reporting.