Project

General

Profile

News

kegerator: Team Meeting 10-26

Added by Anonymous almost 7 years ago

-Went over with team basic outline of our schedule
-Punya is going to put together a rough draft and email the list and we can all edit
-Richard is going to update all of the meeting notes to the wiki

kegerator: Team Meeting 10-23

Added by Anonymous almost 7 years ago

-Short meeting, need to finalize schematic
-All team members worked together to outline the parts needed
-Found MSP outline from Newarks website for our eagle layout
-We will meet on 10-26 to dicuss schedule assignment

kegerator: Team Meeting 10-16

Added by Anonymous almost 7 years ago

-Richard and Punya need to get the basic schematic out to Kareem and Yousef so they can start on eagle
-Punya is looking into Solid State Relays after talking with Andrew about safety
-Next meeting is 10-23 at 5pm
-Punya has basic LCD test code working on the MSP already

BACON: 11-9-2012 meeting

Added by jrawson almost 7 years ago

Joe: Finally, FINALLY got the SNMP code to compile. He had to use a bullshit hack, but it works. Debugging and testing will commence this weekend, followed by HTTPServer integration and main program writing. DHT22 debugging will also have to commence. Will know more about where things will sit on Monday as far as software goes.

Noah: Putting together the level 0 and level 1 block diagrams for Wednesday. He will handle them in their entirety to free people up from those responsibilities. Someone else should do the second part of the assignment using a UML description. Reminder to go to the EPL on Monday and make the solder masks. Needs to put pressure on Andrew for getting the boards back.

Chris: Doing awesome things with Solidworks and the enclosure. Finalizing the design of the enclosure and putting the finishing touches on the enclosure. Began characterizing the devices we created and the drivers for them. Should be done by Sunday evening. Began looking into the problems with the DHT22, didn't get very far but saw the same issues Joe did.

Ashley: Wrote a webpage for the HTTPServer implementation we are going to use. Began looking at the presentation material we have to generate. Making brownies.

BACON: 11-5-12 meeting

Added by Anonymous almost 7 years ago

Chris: Showed us the two 3D-printed designs. One is a 1-1/4" tall wavy "bacon" rectangular form-factor. The other is round. The round has been vetoed due to the impossibility of the RJ45 jack protruding from the enclosure. The 1-1/4" tall wavy bacon form-factor fits the standard rack size height for mounting in the server rack. Need to get dimensions for holes for microphone, light sensor, DHT22, power jack. Grating for microphone might work.

Joe: Spent Saturday writing 300 lines of code for SNMP implementation. Not compiling yet, working on a single error (bummer!). Working on smoothing that out.

Noah: Finishing up board, getting a round of applause from class. Working on small number of errors brought up in class by Andrew.

Ashley: Got BACON webpage working in HTML, now to format to add to homepage.h file from mbed site (http://mbed.org/users/AdamGreen/code/WeatherStation/). Going to start creating project presentation slideshow.

BACON: 11-2-2012

Added by jrawson almost 7 years ago

Joe: Met with Dave Burns and worked through the snmp implementation provided by the mbed people. He thinks he has a decent idea of what he needs to implement. Hopefully, he won't forget about it. Will work on having an implementation hopefully complete by next week.

Showed the Weatherstation program for the HTTPServer.h implementation we can likely use.

Ashley: Is going to help make the webpage, will work with Noah on the layout, and will finalize the timeline stuff for the next homework this weekend.

Noah: Gonna hopefully finish the layout with Ashley. Will print off a scale representation of the board and place all of the parts to make sure the footprints match, then will develop an assembly plan so that we can bring up the board in sections to test each section as we bring it up.

Earlier this week added a schematic with annotations and comments to the wiki so people can access it and make comments. Also, we need to put our WPRs on the wiki.

Chris: Will be finishing up the Solidworks design for the enclosures this weekend and will begin work characterizing the microphone and photodiode sensor circuits for the device driver code.

BACON: 10-26-2012 meeting

Added by jrawson almost 7 years ago

In attendance: Noah, Chris, Ashley, Joe.

Chris: Has solidworks models for the enclosure, 3 models, a cone-shaped one, a square one, and a wavy-bacon looking one. Which is awesome. Will upload images and files later. AND WILL ADD THEM TO THE REPOSITORY.

Also, programming tasks have been divided between Joe and Chris, Chris will work on sensor drivers and main program while Joe figures out SNMP and HTTP implementations for the program.

Ashley: Has all of the tasks the group is doing and will draw up the project timeline documentation we need for Wednesday. Others should download Microsoft Projects to help her look it over.

Noah: Layout like a boss.

Joe: Will research SNMP so that he knows what he's doing then will implement it, since it is a higher priority for the client, then will look into porting an existing HTTPServer implementation over to the code base and design a website for it to serve.

BACON: 10-22-2012 meeting

Added by cjclark almost 7 years ago

Some take aways from our meeting today were that the software development team will be working intermittently, until board layout is finished. Then full progress will begin to finalize ethernet and the other sensing units.

The schematic is 95% done and will be completely finished and ready for design review tonight or tomorrow. Everyone should take a peek at the schematic when they get a chance to finish review.

Board layout team and overall enclosure group will be meeting on sat at 12 to finalize important details. There should be a couple variations of the enclosure at this point ready for perusal.

BACON: 10-19-2012 meeting

Added by jrawson almost 7 years ago

Cancelled due to lack of warm bodies on campus.

I just had to eat my cookies by myself.

Issues that were going to be spoken about:
Schematic that was due on Monday.
Wall-wart and possible power solution.
The last homework and the need to clearly figure out what the homework is before the due date.
The next homework, because seriously, we should not be scrambling to do these things.

(21-30/67)

Also available in: Atom