Software - R¶
The most common language used in ETM is R, a open source statistics language.
If your going to be using R for a individual project, you only need R & RStudio. If your working with other team members, you should install the R software, then install Git and setup a project.
- Download R from here
- Install it on your system
The rest of the configuration can be done from within RStudio.
- Download RStudio from here
- Install on your system
- R & RStudio are installed on the MCECS lab systems.
- R is installed on most of the OIT systems but RStudio is not.
Resources¶Two good introductory books are:
- R in Action, by Robert Kabacoff
- Dr Anderson, who teaches Research Methods which uses R, prefers this book
- R in a Nutshell, by Joseph Adler
- Tom who develops a lot of R software, prefers this book
R is taught as part of the Research Methods class.
- Tom Shott, developed open source TFDEA package in R and is using it for doing Big Data analysis of BPA data
- Kevin van Blommestein, developed the Shiny GUI front-end for TFDEA and the FCM software
- Dong-Joon Lim, using R for technology forecasting