Project

General

Profile

Internal Team Meetings

OMSE-556

Week 2

  • Agenda
    • Status update (each team member)
    • Discuss plans for this term

Week 1

  • Agenda
    • No meeting scheduled as both Ivan and Andy are out of town
  • It appears that all recorded notes by Maureen for weeks 9 and 10 were changed for those meetings [AP - not intentionally...wiki has full edit history if you need to rollback or merge with another version] and that a week 11 meeting occurred though that was anticipated to have been a no meeting week since the presentation was done during week 15 and final docs should have been completed that weekend. Maureen was unexpectedly hospitalized for the week 11 meeting if that meeting actually occurred on the usual Sunday 10 am PST timeframe. If that meeting occurred at a different time, then Maureen was not notified by any team member of a change to the meeting times. [AP - no, just regular Sunday meeting]
  • Action items
    • Maureen to incorporate changed meeting notes from weeks 9 and 10 into adjusted SRS, as well as changes that should have been included for final term 1 SRS.
    • Maureen requests an updated schedule of meetings as there doesn't appear to be anything noted via the Redmine wiki and Maureen has not received emails relating to changes for term scheduling. [AP - still just planning on regular Sunday meeting unless cancelled (as above)]
    • Since Maureen was the only team member to attend the week 1 meeting for term II, notes were sent out via issue task #1463.

OMSE-555

Week 11

  • Agenda
    • Status update (each team member)
    • Discuss SAD / SRS feedback from Stuart
    • Discuss plans for next term
  • Minutes
    • Andy working on tech prototype for iteration 0 (to prove out platform, build & deploy)
    • Ivan working on tech prototype to try out TinyMCE
    • Ivan and Andy walked thru Stuart's feedback on the SAD
      • Ivan to follow-up with some edits that address the usability and modifiability aspects

Week 10

  • Agenda
    • Discuss Term 2 Schedule proposed by Andy
    • Discuss / review / walkthrough SPMP – Andy’s additions
    • Discuss / review / walkthrough SRS after Andy’s and Ivan’s review
    • Discuss / review / walkthrough SAD version 1.4 published for Stuart's review
    • Discuss / review Mockups
    • Miscellaneous
  • Minutes
    • Discuss Term 2 Schedule proposed by Andy
      • Looks good as-is - positive feedback from both Ivan & Maureen (via email)
    • Discuss / review / walkthrough SPMP – Andy’s additions
      • Discussed unit testing approach - may switch from NUnit to MSTest to address tooling concerns
    • Discuss / review / walkthrough SRS after Andy’s and Ivan’s review
      • Maureen was not able to make the meeting - Andy & Ivan already provided feedback on v1.4
    • Discuss / review / walkthrough SAD version 1.4 published for Stuart's review
      • Discussed updated data schema - positive feedback from Andy
    • Discuss / review Mockups
      • Walked thru Ivan's UI mockups
        • Improvements to landing page for both both anonymous & authenticated users
        • Andy suggested moving 'Create New...' to new page
        • Still waiting for feedback from Maureen but both Ivan & Andy liked the updated pages
    • Miscellaneous
      • Discussed templating engine needs for application
        • Andy suggested we look at storing templated content rather than HTML markup
          • Address security concerns about accepting arbitrary HTML via browser posts
          • Accommodate multiple output formats from same stored content (including possibly Redmine wiki syntax based on practicum team feedback)
  • To do
    • Andy to start looking at tech prototype for iteration 0 (to prove out platform, build & deploy)
    • Ivan to investigate templating engines (for example, Markdown) & build out simple textbox prototype to see what it would look like

Week 9

  • Agenda
    • Status update (each team member)
    • Submission for March 15 report discussion
    • Review mockups and database format to provide requirements as primary customers
  • Minutes
    • Status update
      • Andy is working on the project plan and putting together a project schedule for use next term
      • Ivan completed feedback and is awaiting firmer requirements from SRS
      • Maureen put together mockups and questionnaires. Primary customer is agreed to be our team. Maureen drafted a project update for the end of term submission.
    • Submission for March 15 report discussion
      • a week 1 or week 2 checklist item to make sure roles are defined and project can move forward
      • definition paragraph A may need more clarity
      • process changes/role changes are being worked on by Andy
      • Maureen to speak about project status report
    • Review mockups and database format to provide requirements as primary customers
      • Feature: Always have things in a draft state. At some point I consider it good enough for others to review. In old system I clicked build. This works as a commit. Including this feature would allow versioning and collaborative review to be incorporated.
      • Feature: take my files offline because I want to keep my files in my own state. Expected to be supported with existing features.
      • Constraint: No offline editing features are assumed or will be incorporated into the new tool. It is noted that existing tool does have offline editing support, this is not being incorporated as a necessary requirement in the new tool.
      • Feature: try and keep user/role management outside of the need of an administrator in the web interface; command line may be useful to adjust role levels
      • Feature: no edit abilities on anything you did not specifically add
      • Feature: collaborative review would not add edit ability to anyone else's specification
      • Feature: process versioning will be incorporated as a likely change and necessary feature
      • Feature: FAST process to be integrated into core feature templates
  • To do
    • Maureen to add features from minutes and SRS into feature list differentiating between phase I and phase II
    • Team to consider template management use cases
    • Maureen to review and reincorporate discussed features into SRS keeping an eye towards high level requirements
    • Ivan to create issue for Stuart to review existing draft of SAD document

Week 8

  • Agenda
    • Status update (each team member)
    • Post mid-term reset
      • clarify roles
    • Discuss secondary project objectives
      • Process families
      • Process review / versioning
    • Planning for upcoming week
  • Minutes
    • Status update
      • Ivan worked on SAD document, published to group, and reviewed midterm feedback
      • Andy reviewed course deliverables and midterm feedback
      • Maureen worked on SRS document, published to group, and reviewed midterm feedback
    • A discussion around roles, dependencies, time lines, etc. was had by all.
      • It has been decided that an overall schedule for the project is not valuable at this time.
      • It has been decided that Stuart is the main customer, but feedback will be requested from the other teams via a discussion thread on D2L.
      • A powerpoint presentation is due on March 15. Maureen will deliver.
      • Final feedback on the powerpoint will be provided by the team no later than midnight on Monday, March 12.
      • Draft powerpoint presentation out to group on Saturday, March 10.
      • Final SRS, SPMP, and SAD documents are due on March 22. Each team member will publish final version to Documents tab in Redmine.
      • Final drafts of SRS, SPMP, and SAD documents are out to group on Saturday, March 17.
      • Final feedback on the final SRS, SPMP, and SAD documents will be provided by the team no later than midnight on Monday, March 19.
    • Existing process tool
      • The web site and subversion separation are not valuable features
      • Disconnected editing is not a feature to add to the new tool
      • Versioning control is not a required feature of the tool and will not be supported in the new tool unless the customer disagrees
      • The error messages are clunky and not valuable errors
    • To do:
      • Maureen to mock up screens and provide to Stuart for feedback on captured requirements
      • Maureen to include existing process tool features in the SRS more clearly
      • Team members to take some time to reflect on improvements for next term
      • Secondary features have been tabled from this week's agenda for next week's agenda
      • Andy to work on putting together a timeline or process to work more effectively as a team next session
      • Team to utilize current proposed database schema and utilize most solid first, designing for change and known extensions, and modifying database schema keeping these likely changes in mind while applying the OMSE principles. Each team member to propose modifications to the schema by first meeting next session.
      • Next meeting after class on Thursday and next Sunday at 10 am PST.

Week 7

  • Agenda
    • Status update (each team member)
    • SAD review / walkthru (Ivan)
    • Requirements review / walkthru (Maureen)
    • Mid-term review
    • Planning for upcoming week
  • Minutes
    • Status update (each team member)
    • SAD review / walkthru (Ivan)
      • Ivan to incorporate review feedback by Sat and submit draft to Stuart for review
    • Requirements review / walkthru (Maureen)
      • Maureen to incorporate review feedback by Thurs
      • Maureen to create draft of questionnaire for requirements for review by team by Mon
        • Andy, Ivan to provide feedback on Tues
        • Goal to post to D2L discussion Thurs
    • Mid-term review
    • Planning for upcoming week
      • Maureen - SRS tasks as above
      • Ivan - working on SAD revisions
      • Andy - define DTCP II process using existing process specification tool by Thurs

Week 6

  • Agenda
    • Status update (each team member)
    • Wiki walkthru (Andy)
    • Requirements review / walkthru (Maureen)
    • Mid-term Prep
  • Minutes
    • Status update (each team member)
      • Andy working on edits to SPMP and distributing for review
      • Andy completed re-work on Communication Process, worked on Wiki, minor edits to SPMP
      • Maureen completed draft of SRS and distributed for review
      • Maureen refining SRS based on feedback
      • Ivan set-up new computer (for development environment)
      • Ivan hopes to have 1st draft of SAD by EOD Mon
    • Wiki walkthru (Andy)
      • Andy clarified document location going forward
    • Requirements review / walkthru (Maureen)
      • New issue identified - how to integrate new process tool with PSU security (likely CECS rather than ODIN)
      • Maureen to reach out to GPS team re use of existing process specification tool
    • Mid-term Prep
      • Andy to draft presentation by EOD Mon

Week 5

  • Agenda
    • Status update (each team member)
    • SPMP review / walkthru (Andy)
    • Proposal feedback response to Stuart (Andy)
    • Communication plan review (Maureen)
    • Wiki updates (Andy)
  • Minutes
    • Status update (each team member)
      • Maureen starting work on SRS - hopes to have a 1st draft by EOD Tues
      • Ivan has located a template for the SAD & is starting to fill it in - hopes to have a draft by beginning of next week
      • Ivan also reaching out to CAT team at PSU to see what our platform choices are
      • Andy iterating over SPMP - hopes to have draft in reviewable state (by Stuart) by Thurs
    • SPMP Review
      • Team walked thru latest draft & provided feedback - Andy to incorporate changes
      • Maureen & Ivan to send any additional feedback by Thurs - especially helpful would be work breakdown structure / task identification
    • Communication Plan
      • Agreed to get doc in publishable form - Andy to make edits & distribute for review by Thurs
    • Wiki Updates
      • Andy to add meeting notes, etc. to wiki - by Thurs

Next meeting - Thurs after class. Going forward we'll have a weekly scheduled call on Sunday at 10 Am PST / 1 PM PST.