To mitigate the effects that a server outage would have on the team, in both lost work and time, our main repository is being mirrored on a daily basis. In the event of an outage, a structured changeover will be performed to allow the development team to continue working using the mirror. The changover will proceed as follows:
- The restrictions on the mirrored repository will be loosened, giving the team members write access to the repository.
- An email will be sent, notifying the team that it is safe to begin working against the mirrored repository.
When the main repository is once again functional:
- The mirrored repository restrictions will be tightened immediately, no longer allowing developers write access.
- The aggregate changes made on the mirror repository will be bulk loaded into the main repository. (All changes that occurred during the outage will appear as one revision)
- An email will be sent to the team, notifying them of the status of the main and mirrored repositories.
To access the mirrored repository, the folowing information will be required.
login: [same login as redmine account]
password: [same as login]
NOTE: Repository restrictions are not yet in place. Until they are, please do not attempt any commits to the mirror repository.